Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Oakland Running Festival Marathon Report

What a great event for Oakland! The marathon course featured many of Oakland's best landmarks and diverse neighborhoods, including Temescal, Rockridge, Montclair, Fruitvale, and West Oakland. Even though the whole course wasn't lined with fans, the ones who turned up were great -- including the infamous Raiders fans who dressed up in gorilla suits and gave me high fives near the end of the race. It definitely helped running in my hometown, having friends and neighbors cheering me on at various points in the race.

I ended up finishing in 4:08, a decent time considering my lack of training this winter. Hopefully, I'll be able to recover soon and start running again later this week -- I have to start training for my next marathon on May 2!

Update: Read Scott Dunlap's excellent recap here.

1 comment:

Scott Dunlap said...

Congrats! And thanks for the link...

SD