Thursday, March 10, 2016

Ten Habits of Mind

1. Make room for creativity.

2. Encourage questions.
* Knowledge: "What do you know about...?"
* Process: "I noticed that you are..."
* Reflection: "Tell me more about..." or "How did you...?"

3. Listen actively.

4. Be curious.

5. See mistakes as gifts.
* "What can we do to change this outcome" or "How could you do this next time to have it turn out differently?
* Look at mistakes as oppoortunities for growth rather than indications of failure.

6. Embrace a good mess.

7. Accept boredom as a tool for self-discovery.
* The first few moments of boredom may feel uncomfortable or seem never-ending, but as we push through them, we have to face our ideas, passions, interests, and curiosity.
* Children need unstructured time to follow their curiosity: to imagine, build, experiment, and explore.

8. Step back and enjoy the flow.
* People are happiest when they're deeply absorbed in an activity.

9. Spend time outdoors.
* "When I go into the garden with a spade and dig a bed, I feel such an exhilaration and health that I discover that I have been defrauding myself all this time in letting others do for me what I should have done with my own hands." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

10. Think of everything as an experiment.

Via Tinkerlab

No comments: