Friday, January 12, 2007

Career Day

A few weeks ago, Victor suggested that Mott Hall 3 hold a Career Day, inviting speakers to come in and talk about their jobs. While I think that's a fantastic idea, it may be a bit difficult to organize. So, instead, I thought that we could interview some of my friends via email, and post these responses on my blog. Luckily, I know a few people who probably wouldn't mind taking 10 minutes out of their day to answer a few questions for you all.

Off the top of my head, here are some careers I know people involved in: architect, author, banker, biologist, chemist, child advocate, computer engineer, consultant, dentist, drum instructor, economist, emergency medical technician, engineer, entrepreneur, graphic designer, journalist, lab technician, lawyer, medical doctor, nurse, performance artist, pharmacist, professional athlete, professional poker player, teacher, writing instructor.

If you're interested in another career, let me know and maybe we can find someone to talk to.

Choose a career that you're interested in. Do some research about it on the internet, and then come up with some questions you want to ask a person in this field. If you do a good job, I'll forward the email, and hopefully we'll see some interviews published on this blog in the next few weeks!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm interested in asking the ER doctor a few questions.

1) What happens every day? What do you do?

2) If something goes wrong, what do you do?

3) Are you happy with what you do?

4) Do you regret any decisions that you made as a doctor?

5) What did you do to become a doctor?

Anonymous said...

I am interested in becoming an actress.

1)Did you take any special classes to be an actor/actress?

2)How long does it take to memorize your lines?

3) Did you act in school?

4) Do you get calls for different roles or do you send out letters?

5) Do you have any suggestions for a good acting school or a school that can prepare you for acting?

6) What made you want to be an actor or actress?

Anonymous said...

Gabriela said...

Mr. Wu you need to make a friend thats works as a fashion desinger. The chances of me getting into a high school that really provides a art class is slim to one. My brother wants me to be one but the only schools that provide a class like that is not in the bronx. But darn Mr. Wu, you know people high places.

Derrick said...

Fashion designer, eh? Have you ever seen Project Runway on Bravo? Check it out, if you get the chance. I will see if I can get a fashion designer to talk about their job, Gabby.